Solar Panel Project Information
- Legal ad in the Ramona Sentinel (to be published April 15, 2021)
- RFCC’s Facebook page solar post
- Public Service Announcement in the Ramona Sentinel
- Background on RFCC in the Ramona Sentinel
Key Dates for the Solar Project
- April 15 – Legal Notice in the Ramona Sentinel
- April 15 – Sign up deadline for the site walk through
- April 16 – Site walk through
- April 26 – Solar bids are due NLT 4 PM, Pacific Time at RFCC
- April 29 – Sealed Bid Opening
- June 2 – Contract award to Verza Solar Electric Design
- June 14 – Contract Kickoff meeting
- Nov 30 – Solar system operational
Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Statement of Work: This provides a detailed list of expectations of the Solar Vendor.
- Terms & Conditions: This outlines the contractual requirements, many of which are from the U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program regulations via the County of San Diego.
- Successful bidders’ proposal checklist
- Diagram of the notional solar array in RFCC’s parking lot
If you want the full RFP and all Reference Materials, click to download it.
- SD County Standard T & C. The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Agreement between the County of San Diego and the RFCC established a set of Terms & Conditions (T&C) that directly apply to the contract RFCC will award to the successful solar contractor. Many of these T&C shall be followed also by the Solar Contractor.
- Exhibit C. Insurance Requirements are set by the County and they are summarized in this file.
- Wage Determination. This being a project funded by the HUD and federally established wages will be paid. The binding 2021 San Diego County Wage Determination is available here.
- Bond Forms. The execution of this contract calls for 3 bonds.
- Bid Guarantee shall be equal to 5% of the bid price. Refer to the Terms & Conditions item # 6 in the RFP for details.
- Performance Bond shall be equal to 100% of the bid price. Refer to the Terms & Conditions item # 14 in the RFP for details.
- Payment Bond shall be equal to 100% of the bid price. Refer to the Terms & Conditions item # 15 in the RFP for details.